CSE / CPSE Meetings

Cedarhurst Eligibility For Special Education Programs Services Lawyer

Depending upon the age of the child, a Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) or a Committee on Special Education (CSE) will be formed to help the disabled child with a wide variety of issues, including his or her Individualized Education Program (IEP).

I am Long Island special education attorney Joseph M. Fein, and I have extensive experience with issues related to CPSEs, CSEs and IEPs. I am committed to helping families take full advantage of the special education services available to help their disabled children succeed by offering comprehensive counseling and representation services.

Contact me today to take full advantage of the opportunities that are available for your disabled child. Call my Cedarhurst office and New York office at 516-881-9558 , to ask what I can do for you.

Special Education Committee Members

As the parent of a disabled child, you are automatically included on your child’s special education committee (CPSE/CSE). Other members of these committees include the child’s general education and special education teachers, school psychologists, a school district representative and others. This committee works together on a variety of matters, including the child’s IEP.

CPSE/CSE Committee Decisions Are Not Always Final

The decisions made by these committees are not necessarily final. If you disagree with any of the determinations made by the CPSE/CSE, you do have rights. You can seek additional meetings with the committee to attempt to resolve disputes.

However, representation by a skilled education and disability law attorney can be of great benefit to you and your child. I have extensive experience in these matters, and can help you effectively convey your child’s situation and get the special education services your child is entitled to receive.

Find A Strong Advocate At The Law Offices Of Joseph M. Fein

CPSE/CSE meetings can be complex and frustrating. For seasoned guidance throughout the process, contact me by using the online contact form or by calling 516-881-9558 (New York and Cedarhurst). You can also use our intake form to provide information ahead of your initial consultation.