Tuition Reimbursement Special Education Lawyer

New York Special Education Attorney

I am education advocate Joseph M. Fein. From my offices in New York City and Cedarhurst, I represent children with learning, physical, and developmental disabilities in matters involving educational plans and education litigation.

If your child is disabled and is not receiving necessary special education and related services, contact the Law Offices of Joseph M. Fein today for an initial consultation. I am available by phone, fax and email for your convenience. Call my Cedarhurst office and my New York office at 516-881-9558 .

A Compassionate And Effective Advocate

I use my firsthand experience caring for and advocating for the legal rights of my own special needs child to help you navigate the special education maze. I will work hard to identify your child’s educational needs, understand what educational options are available for your child, present your child’s case to the Committee on Special Education, and obtain appropriate school programs and services.

Children with disabilities are entitled to a free appropriate public education (FAPE). To that end, you may be eligible for special education tuition reimbursement, a way to reimburse you for tuition paid for a private special school that may not be on the state’s approved list.

Reimbursement Options For Your Special Needs Child

Federal law dictates that schools should provide disabled children with “appropriate” education. If your school district is unable to accommodate your family’s educational needs, parents can ask a federal judge to order the school district to pay for a private education reimbursement.

Carter Funding, for instance, is a kind of special education tuition reimbursement available only when there is no appropriate placement in any of the public or private schools on the state’s approved list. Parents are required to pay the tuition directly to the school, then file for an “impartial hearing” for reimbursement.

If the New York City Department of Education does not evaluate and place a child according to the established procedures in a timely fashion, a Nickerson Letter is issued that allows parents to find a private school placement. Parents submit the document to a private school and seek placement on an approved list.

I am a New York special education lawyer with years of experience in helping families of disabled children to apply for special education tuition reimbursement.

Schedule Your Initial Consultation At The Law Offices Of Joseph M. Fein

I want to hear the details of how your child has been treated by the educational system. My firsthand knowledge of what you’re going through and my knowledge of disability law can get results for you. To get the tuition reimbursement that you need for the success of your child, contact my law offices today by phone at 516-881-9558 (New York and Cedarhurst), or send me an email. Evening and weekend appointments are available in Long Island and throughout all of the five boroughs.