Special Education Litigation Attorney
The Law Offices of Joseph M. Fein, located in Hewlett and New York City, provide effective attorney representation and advocacy for children with learning, physical and developmental disabilities in matters involving educational plans and education litigation.
My name is Joseph M. Fein, and I am a Long Island special education litigation lawyer. If your child has a learning or behavior problem that interferes with his or her success in school, if your child has not made progress in his or her current school program or if the Committee on Special Education has not provided the services your child needs to be successful, I can help.
To help your child succeed, call my Hewlett office and New York City office at 516-881-9558.
Long Island Disabled Children's Rights Lawyer
My law firm offers a range of services to help you:
- Navigate the special education maze
- Identify your child's educational needs
- Understand what educational options are available for your child
- Present your child's case to the Committee on Special Education (CSE)
- Obtain appropriate school programs and services
Children with disabilities are entitled to a free appropriate public education. I am a disability and education lawyer who has helped countless New York families obtain the special education and related services needed to help their disabled children succeed. I have represented disabled children and their families in public schools, private schools, residential programs and therapeutic programs.
I provide counsel regarding a variety of statutes and government programs relevant to providing an appropriate education for special needs children, including:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Free appropriate public education (FAPE), least restrictive environment (LRE) and Section 504 accommodations
- Individualized Education Program (IEP), IEP meetings and disputes
- Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE)
- Committee on Special Education (CSE)/Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE)
- Private school reimbursement/tuition reimbursement hearings
- Special education and related services
- Disciplinary matters, including suspension hearings, impartial hearings, superintendent's and principal's hearings, manifestation hearings, and criminal law proceedings such as adolescent or teenage criminal proceedings
I also provide consulting services throughout the year. My expertise and relationships with school districts and their attorneys will prove to be an invaluable resource to your child's successful education.
Special Education And Disability Law Attorney Joseph M. Fein
I am a passionate disability and education law attorney, fully committed to protecting the rights and interests of the disabled. My son, Brett, is disabled, giving me unique insight into education and disability law. I use this insight every day to help special needs children get the education they need and are entitled to, under the law.
I take the time to get to know each of my clients, and to understand the individual, family and educational dynamics involved. I will explain issues in plain English, and advise you as to the best course of action with the ultimate goal of creating a positive and productive relationship with the school system. However, such a relationship is not always possible.
If a positive approach does not yield the results needed to ensure your child receives the educational services required by law, I have the education, litigation skill and experience needed to protect your child's rights in court.
Contact New York Education Attorney Joseph M. Fein
I am an education lawyer serving the entire New York area, including Hewlett, Nassau County and Long Island.
If you need a Nassau disabled children's rights attorney, call me at 516-881-9558, or email the Law Offices of Joseph M. Fein to schedule an initial consultation. You can also use the new client intake form to provide detailed information in advance of our first meeting.