Practice Areas And Services
Cedarhurst Special Needs Lawyer
The Law Offices of Joseph M. Fein provides a voice for the voiceless: children with learning, physical and developmental disabilities. As the firm’s founding attorney, I serve Long Island families by helping disabled children access the services they need.
Children with disabilities have a legal right to a free and appropriate public education. If your child has special needs but is not receiving those mandated special education and related services, contact me at my Cedarhurst office by calling 516-881-9558 , or by fax at 516-792-2977 , or send me an email.
An Attorney Who Understands
The personal experience I have gained by parenting and advocating for the legal rights of my own special needs child allows me to assist you in making sense of the special education maze and identifying your child’s educational needs. I help you understand what educational options are available and how to present your disabled child’s case to the Committee on Special Education.
I Can Help You Navigate The Special Education Maze
At the Law Offices of Joseph M. Fein, we offer full-service, client-focused disability and education law counsel for you and your family. My practice areas and services include:
- Obtaining Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs)
- Funding for Independent Education Evaluations (IEEs)
- Committee on Special Education (CSE) and Committee On Preschool Special Education (CPSE), including representation at CSE/CPSE annual meetings
- Least restrictive environment
- Section 504 accommodations
- Education litigation when a trial is necessary to protect your child’s rights
- Tuition reimbursement assistance when you need to obtain private school funding
- Disciplinary hearings, such as suspension, and superintendent’s, principal’s and manifestation hearings
- Adolescent and teenage criminal proceedings
- Consulting services
- New York City Impartial Hearings
- Residency hearings
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Free appropriate public education (FAPE)
I work hard to get results for you during negotiations in the early stages of a case. If more stringent measures become necessary to assure your child’s access to the educational services required by law, I have the litigation skills and experience you can depend on in order to protect your child’s rights in the courtroom.
Ask Yourself These Questions:
- Does your child have a learning or behavioral problem that interferes with his or her success in school?
- Has the Committee on Special Education failed to provide the services it should have?
If you answered “yes” to either of the above questions, contact the Law Offices of Joseph M. Fein today. Please don’t put off meeting with a qualified special education lawyer who has many satisfied clients on Long Island and throughout the five boroughs. I can book weeknight or weekend appointments with you, if necessary. Call 516-881-9558 (Cedarhurst and New York), fax 516-792-2977 , or email me to schedule your initial consultation.