Long Island Special Education Attorney
The Law Offices of Joseph M. Fein, located in Cedarhurst and New York City, provide effective attorney representation and advocacy for children with learning, physical and developmental disabilities in matters involving educational plans and education litigation.
My name is Joseph M. Fein, and I am a Long Island special education litigation lawyer. If your child has a learning or behavior problem that interferes with his or her success in school, if your child has not made progress in his or her current school program or if the Committee on Special Education has not provided the services your child needs to be successful, I can help.
Our Practice Areas
On a bitterly cold day in December of 1996, a miracle child was born. As evening approached, Brett Fein, the third of four children born to me, Joseph Fein, and my wife, Bonnie, came into the world. He arrived early. Very early.
My Law Firm Offers A Range Of Services To Help You:
- Identify your child’s educational needs
- Understand what educational options are available for your child
- Navigate the special education maze
- Present your child’s case to the committee on Special Education(CSE)
- Obtain appropriate school programs and services
Children With Disabilities Are Entitled To A Free Appropriate Public Education.
I am a disability and education lawyer who has helped countless New York families obtain the special education and related services needed to help their disabled children succeed. I have represented disabled children and their families in public schools, private schools, residential programs and therapeutic programs.
I provide counsel regarding a variety of statutes and government programs relevant to providing an appropriate education for special needs children, including:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Free appropriate public education (FAPE), least restrictive environment (LRE) and Section 504 accommodations
- Individualized Education Program (IEP), IEP meetings and disputes Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE)
- Committee on Special Education (CSE)/Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE)
- Private school reimbursement/tuition reimbursement hearings
- Special education and related services
- Disciplinary matters, including suspension hearings, impartial hearings, superintendent’s and principal’s hearings, manifestation hearings, and criminal law proceedings such as adolescent or teenage criminal proceedings
I also provide consulting services throughout the year. My expertise and relationships with school districts and their attorneys will prove to be an invaluable resource to your child’s successful education.
Contact New York Education Attorney Joseph M. Fein
I am an education lawyer serving all of the school districts in the New York area, including Cedarhurst, Nassau County and Long Island. I provide representation for all of the five boroughs.