Section 504 Lawyer

Section 504 Plan Children’s Disability Advocate In Long Island

Frequently, children with physical or mental impairments do not qualify as disabled under state or federal law. These children may not need special education services; however, they do require some form of accommodation in order to fully benefit from school.

Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 provides relief for children in such a situation, by mandating that reasonable accommodations be made for children suffering from physical or mental impairments that substantially limit one or more major life activities such as walking, seeing, hearing, speaking or learning.

To learn more about Section 504 and get the Law Offices of Joseph M. Fein on your child’s side, contact me online or call 516-881-9558 (Cedarhurst office and New York City office).

Yes, Accommodation Is Available

I am New York educational law attorney Joseph M. Fein, and I have extensive experience helping children establish section 504 plans so that they can take full advantage of their education. Examples of children who may be able to find relief under section 504 include those with conditions involving a wide variety of physical and mental impairments, such as:

  • Cerebral palsy
  • Asthma
  • Blindness
  • Speech problems
  • Paralysis
  • Diabetes
  • Depression
  • Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Attention deficit disorder (ADD)
  • Multiple sclerosis
  • Birth defects
  • Auditory processing disorder

I serve children with all kinds of special needs, and offer various representation and counseling services to support their families.

Does Your Child Need 504 Accommodations?

Although New York school districts have a responsibility to find and help children who need 504 accommodations, they often fail to do so for a variety of reasons, including budgetary constraints. Your child’s school should be able to direct you to the person responsible for establishing and implementing section 504 plans. However, an experienced disability and education lawyer can help to streamline the process, and ensure that your child fully benefits from his or her education.

Contact The The Law Offices Of Joseph M. Fein

Take the first step and contact me today. Contact me online or by calling my New York office and my Cedarhurst office at 516-881-9558 . Children with disabilities have a variety of services and resources available under state and federal law to help them succeed in school – protect your disabled child’s rights!